The Center for Quantum Information Science and Engineering (CQISE) is a University Center focused on Ohio State’s quantum research enterprise. CQISE brings together a multidisciplinary community of researchers across the university and throughout the region to advance fundamental quantum science, investigate the quantum-classical boundary, and explore applications with quantum advantage. CQISE supports program development, seed grant funding, recruiting of faculty, creation of infrastructure, partnerships with industry, training of students, and community outreach.
More broadly, the proposed center will have significant synergy with existing internal and federally supported centers and institutes. These centers focus on research that is either ‘quantum adjacent’ or where there is significant opportunity to expand into emerging quantum information related directions.
- Institute for Materials Research (IMR)
- Center for Emergent Materials (CEM)
- Center for the Exploration of Novel Complex Materials (ENCOMM)
- AI Institute for Future Edge Networks and Distributed Intelligence (AI Edge)
- AI institute for Intelligent Cyberinfrastructure with Computational Learning in the Environment (ICICLE)
- Institute for Cybersecurity & Digital Trust
- Translational Data Analytics Institute (TDAI)
- Center for Design and Manufacturing Excellence (CDME)
- Ohio Supercomputer Center